Instagram
Instagram

lördag 26 oktober 2013

Suggestion

Hey everybody...i got this question from one follower for an advice ... Here it is...

I'm a tall guy 192cm, and whenever i squat my back hurts pretty bad, i keep my chest up knees pushing out, trying to keep my knees from going in front of my toes but the lower back is aching. Yesterday i did 100kg (2plate) and my lumbar disks are killing me... any advice on how to reduce back pain? 

Well...first,thank you for your question..and first i got to say...this is only my appinion...if i were you i would ask this question some guy who is tall and doing heavy squats...

i belive that the best advice you can get is from the people who had similar or same problems...expirience and mistakes are the best teachers you can get!!!

Since i never been a tall i can just say from what i read and what one tall friend of mine told me...

Some people say that squats are not for tall people...i disagree,but it's true that you guys most likely have to make some precaution mesures...

First,it's good that you do squats without your knees going in infront of your feet...not only that it's the safe way it's also the right way for engaging all muscles that needs to be engaged in order to lift heavy...

Now among your quads,hams,glutes,abs you also use your lower back..and you want here to engage them as less as possible...

First thing you might try is to increase the distance between your feet...that's exactly what helped my tall friend to keep squating without pain...
 
I can also suggest that you establish the exact lower position below wich you should never sink...

To do this you don't need weights..just maybe a stick or an empty bar just to position your arms and shoulders the way you keep them while squating...

You'll need a mirror as well,and place yourself so you can see yourself from a side...left or right it doesn't matter as long as you can clearly see the position of your back while your squating...

Now go down,trying not to bend your lower back at all...ny pushing your hips towards back as long and as hard as you can...when you realize that there's no other way to go lower without bending lower back...that should be the position that you shouldn't cross at all whenever you squat....



Remember...you need to keep your back straight even when you put on heavy weights...and make sure that you're not putting too heavy weights wich gonna screw up your form..

In the end of the day,our goal is not strength but size so...keep doing what you'r doing but with the least risk possible..

I honestly hope that my suggestion will healp at least a little bit...if and when you have time,please let me know how it went for you....for you or for somebody else with similar situation that tryied this...

I know my writing is terrible and comfusing sometime...but while i'm writing this there's loud music in the room...my wife,her cousin and her friend got crazy...and i'm totaly helpless so sorry in advance:)))

Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar