Instagram
Instagram

fredag 25 oktober 2013

Legs day...

Well this time i'm gonna write what i do on my legs day...actualy i have two different workouts for my legs...one week i start with my quads,and next week with hamstrings...that way i get to be more focused and fresh both for quads and hamstrings...



Usualy,after warming up i start with leg extension machine...to preheat my quads and to prepare 'em for what's about to expirience...squats:))

So..after three sets of extension...i start preparing my squat bar and make sure that everything is good..

Even though i've warmed up my legs...i start squats like with 60kg coz i don't want to risk of injouring my back,neck,knees what ev...better safe than sorry!

With squats basicly i don't follow the number of sets...usualy it's five but it can be six or seven as much as i need to gradually get to my max weights wich as i was writing before are not as big as before...now days i don't belive i would put on more than 180-200 max!

Before...well it was more like 240-250 but i was young and stupid...mostly stupid...but now it's better..now i'm old and stupid!!!

But enough about that...so in my max set  i try not to go below 10 reps but if i feel tired that day i have no problem with stopping at 6th or 7th..after all my mission is to provoke hypertrophy not to play an idiot...

When i'm done with squats i'm half dead and there some more goodies to come...leg press...yeah buddy!

Same as squats i don't go as heavy...try to get failure around 10th-12th rep in a heaviest set...use forced reps as much as i can since i can rest with heaving my knees locked...

When i'm totaly demolished...i got one little thing left...lunges!!

I do this in ronnie coleman's style...walking ones...since i have a long and wide corridor in my gym (like 60-70m long),i can do this no problem...

I do two sets,both to failure...medium weights...so it's about 60m per set.

After this i usualy do lying leg curl...i love standing ones as well but we don't have it in the gym...anyway...i do this in three sets and another three sets of straight leg deadlifts with dumbbells and then i'm done...

Calfs i usualy do some other day coz this day...i'm dead!

Now when i do the other version...i start with seated leg curl,then lying ones,then usualy four sets of stiff leg deadlifts...and that would be pretty much what i do for hamstrings that day...

After i move to hack squat machine witch takes me at least five sets to get where i need to be with the amount of weights..but this time i realy try to feel as much pain with the least weights possible...and that's pain trust me...

When i'm done with this heavy stuff,i do lunges again two sets and in the end i do like two to three sets of leg extension with lockin' my knees in every rep and hold it for moment...auch:)))

In the end of every legs workout i strech...this is actualy the only time i streach because i know that without it i'm prolonging soreness for at least a day..so streching is a "must" on a leg day!!

Have any questions...shoot:-)))
Have a great weekend...and remember...eat clean,train mean!!!!


















2 kommentarer :

  1. I'm a tall guy 192cm, and whenever i squat my back hurts pretty bad, i keep my chest up knees pushing out, trying to keep my knees from going in front of my toes but the lower back is aching. Yesterday i did 100kg (2plate) and my lumbar disks are killing me... any advice on how to reduce back pain?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Petre,my advice will be my tomorrow's article...
      Tnx for your question:)

      Radera